by Backlit DecorTM
In lieu of full size/ thickness slabs we work exclusively with Onyx laminates, whereas a relatively thin slice of natural Onyx is laminated to translucent substrate like Acrylic, Poly Carbonate or similar products. As a result, this approach will allow for a much lighter weight product with enhanced translucence.
Natural Onyx comes typically in 20mm (3/4") thick slabs which are quite heavy at about 600 lbs. Handling these types of weight and attaching a slab to whatever substrate can create serious challenges and require heavy machinery. In many cases, particularly darker Onyx colors, this kind of slab thickness can also inhibit translucence.
Thickness of laminated material: 1/2" +/- 1/16"
Onyx portion: 5 to 6mm
Substrate: min. 6mm or 1/4"
Weight: 2.2 lbs per SF
Sheet size: 48" x 96"
Recommended uses: Shelf backdrops, bar fronts, wall art, interior decoration
Not recommended for outdoor uses or bar tops
Our Onyx Selection Process
1) Client to provide images of desired color which we will forward to our vendors
2) Upon receipt of a match we will provide images of available material (from vendors)
3) Client to determine choice and let us know ASAP as vendor stock continuously fluctuates.
4) We will provide amount to prepay (our vendor will only hold stock that is prepaid)
5) As soon as prepayment is received we will reserve the selected material and have it shipped.
This process incl. shipping may take from 10 to 14 weeks to complete depending on communication speed and means of shipment. This is the only way to assure client gets precisely what was selected. Sorry, but we do not provide genuine Onyx samples as they are small and never representative for an entire slab.